drop shackle install problems ??

Mazak

The picture is of the drivers side rear shackle of my 06 4x4 QC.

There is a right and left shackle in the kit and I installed the way I thought it should be initially . There were no instructions. I saw clearance issues and then went back to the ebay site and saw I had installed wrong according to their pic.

2003-2013 Dodge Ram MC 2500 3500 2WD 4WD 2in Drop Lowering Shackles Leveling Kit | eBay

SOOO.... I installed the way the pic shows and the shackle is sitting on the bracket with the truck sitting on 4 tires.:bang

I am now wondering if I was correct to begin with and their picture is WRONG.

The shackle pictured on the floor, that is not installed, is the one I had on the drivers side to begin with.

Do I have the correct drop shackle ?
Has anyone else had this problem ?

Which way is correct ?

I am also NOT seeing a significant , if any, drop......

atpzdx.jpg

v80gmx.jpg

j0jyja.jpg

Last edited:
Can the shackle be flipped over for more clearance? It's hard to see what's going on in the pics.

Can the shackle be flipped over for more clearance? It's hard to see what's going on in the pics.

What other angle of pic would help ?

This is taken from the back of the truck and is the drivers side with the truck sitting on the ground.

The shackle is installed like the ebay pic shows is it not ?

Half of the problem with pics is my old phone. See if it looks like you'll gain clearance from flipping the shackle over. All that matters is the shackle holds the leaf spring without binding, even if it's upside down, doesn't matter.

The center bit of the shackle is off centered.

The one you have on the floor needs to go where the one in the truck is.

The center bit of the shackle is off centered.

The one you have on the floor needs to go where the one in the truck is.

That is the way I had installed initially and is opposite of the way it shows in the picture on ebay.

I will reinstall and get a picture .

I received an email from the people who sell them on ebay and they said their pic is correct in designating left and right side . However, I believe they are wrong and installed them opposite of what they say is correct. This is how I installed them initially.

Any how its done, hitch is on and roll pan is installed.

I still think I need to pull a shim or two and the overload spring to level it.

259eago.jpg

33l1ht5.jpg

mkc2t4.jpg

2r38iut.jpg

Back