6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

BVxFkhg.jpg

qUb7AYu.jpg

F2CfqzW.jpg

i0dKtSG.jpg

erpw2Uf.jpg

M3omrSj.jpg

9AsBXiE.jpg

done some more cab lightening, nailed down the wheelbase (131”) working on anti roll bar and plotting wishbones

Curious, why does it matter?
I've never read into suspensions for racing applications

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Curious, why does it matter?
I've never read into suspensions for racing applications

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

in this situation i’m controlling lateral motion. the rod ends are only designed to handle forces the way i have them payed out.

I love this build thread, and I’m getting tickled at what’s left of the “cab.” Any idea what the cab weighs?
In regard to the rod ends/heim joints, people need to realize that they are designed to have the load applied thru the ball to the outer cage. That is why orientation is important. On the 4 link they need to be vertical because they are controlling the rotating (vertical) motion/load on the axle, and on the wishbone they are controlling the lateral (horizontal) motion/load on the axle.

Soooooo, the wishbone doesn't cycle up and down with the rear end...?

It's intended purpose isn't to keep the rearend square in the chassis, as in it SHOULDN'T move side to side...?

I'm thoroughly impressed with this logic.
Tell me more.

It's intended purpose isn't to keep the rearend square in the chassis, as in it SHOULDN'T move side to side...?

Tell me more.

dude should of stopped while you were ahead...now it looks like you can’t read or understand how heim joints are supposed to be used.

Tell me more.

Yes the wishbone cycles up and down with the suspension (that’s why you need a moveable joint at the ends :bang) but the wishbones job is to control sideways axle motion and keep the axle centered.
Therefore the rod ends are oriented correctly.
The parallel 4 link keeps the axle from rotating, and also keeps it square with the chassis, but has no capability of centering the axle, hence the wishbone.
A triangulated 4 link wouldn’t need a wishbone, (or panhard bar, or Watts linkage), but that’s a whole ‘nother subject.

Last edited:
Back