View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #5
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo486 View Post
I have a hard time buying that it's the oil cooler. But, if they wanna take a stab at it and the warranty covers it, let 'em.
Yeah, me too. And they called him and said it isn't going to be covered because it's deleted. To me, if they're claiming it's the oil cooler, that shouldn't really see any extra damage from a tune/delete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
$30K....

Not an oil cooler failure, that would put oil in the radiator. That's a fuel problem

Chris
100% agree. I don't think they know what they're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
Sounds like the dealership is lost in space, as usual.
Don't count on them doing the install, because it's deleted, in fact they may try to hang him with all new DPF components to do the job.

It sounds likely that it locked a pintle, or blew the tip off an injector and burned the cylinder/piston to me.
If he has to pay, demand the core back, it'll tell the whole story.

I have several 13+ longblocks, that I could be convinced to sell, that need externals from light fire damage.
Which he will have.

Mark.
Yeah, way out in space land.
I agree. I don't know enough about CR injectors, but it sure sounds like a tip blew off and probably ate everything in its path.
I'll be helping him tear the head off and we'll find the whole story. I'll post pictures assuming I remember to take them.

Mark, PM me a price and the next time you think you'll be somewhat close so we could meet and pick it up.

Be forewarned he's in denial right now and thinks he's going to be able to get by with replacing one injector... ha ha