View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
operator62

Name: operator62
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Biggest reason for my inquiry is that for some reason I have had issues with EFI Live not wanting to jive with my truck. May not be the best decision to go to the 5.9 ecm, but I think it will solve my issues. Very first issue was the dead ECM cuz of the Smarty "return to stock" feature, which Cindy took care of very quickly, and speaks tons for their company. Second issue I began noticing was that I could never flash in a file other than one that said it was NOT okay to flash. For whatever reason, all the ones that did say they were okay to flash would cause a MAP sensor code and the VGT would close the vanes up and they'd stay there till a certain throttle percentage was met. Finally, got a tune in the truck now that was okay to flash in, but I still have the speed limiter for some reason. I was told I wasn't the only one experiencing that, and it was being worked on. I haven't heard anything on it lately though. Not to mention that going to a 5.9 ECM I can go ahead and have the 5 position switch, and have more tunes. Unless, that's already been released for the 6.7s? I'm a little out of the loop, and I haven't heard anything more on that either. Guess I really should visit their site and see what the latest is. lol Anyways, I would like the ability to get more rpms out of it. I do plan to build the motor up in the future. The truck doesn't get driven much now as it is, and will be driven less and less as time goes on. Definitely not a fan of throwing stuff together just to make it work for sure. Another reason why I like ya'll's harness. It's good quality stuff from what I've seen so far.