Over heating 97 12v

nothing wrong with fluctuations, thats because the temp sensor is in the back of the cylinder head and the T-stat is in the front ... there will be some fluctuations to be expected ... in the winter just run some cardboardand that will not be an issue ..

Mine fluctuates the gauge from 190 all the way down to 140 then climbs again. Only time it doesn't is if I run the truck for an extended amount of time instead of just to and from work. I would say the fluctuations are pretty normal

Well just a thought but if your trucks running that high Rpm with those tires that means no OD extra rpm cause more heat so in terms overworking the motor. It has happen to me when running 35 on my dually and I had a stuck thermostat and bad radiator but I wouldnt keep runing the truck till you at least replace some of the cooling system

Well just a thought but if your trucks running that high Rpm with those tires that means no OD extra rpm cause more heat so in terms overworking the motor. It has happen to me when running 35 on my dually and I had a stuck thermostat and bad radiator but I wouldnt keep runing the truck till you at least replace some of the cooling system

NO, Load will cause Heat via burning fuel more completly, and if an "Extra" fuel has been added to the equasion will aggrivate the situation..

Higher RPM's does not equate to more hear built , If anything reducing the load my not multiplying the "LOAD"by gearing will reduce the working force on the Engine .. Hence our 8V92's in the busses .. when you get to a hill just down shift and runit to the Govenor speed, other wise it WILL overheat even @ 80*F , By moving more air VIa RPM's your helping to "COOL" the cylinders..

Back