Competitive in 2.5/work-stock class

Central Indiana better be around 800 or more and running duals with a good truck. I'm close to 700 and finish mid pack around here. I'm running 150hp exergys, banks I/c, billet wheel fleece 2.5 charger, auto trans with 4.10s. By the end of the season I'm hoping for dual pumps, dual rear wheels and lockers to be more competitive. There's some hot trucks around here.

put a stick in it and you will be competitive.. put the hp to the ground... the silver truck that fleece built doesnt make that much more hp then you and he runs at the top..he might be a auto to.. im not sure but it runs good and hes in the 700hp area

put a stick in it and you will be competitive.. put the hp to the ground... the silver truck that fleece built doesnt make that much more hp then you and he runs at the top..he might be a auto to.. im not sure but it runs good and hes in the 700hp area

Kindermans is a Auto... Manuals only do good on certian tracks... And their truck makes a little bit mo power... :Cheer:

ok 7xx ;) just saying 800+ isnt a true # needed... maybe on those high reading dyno's out west but here no..lol

2.5 is gay, be glad you have a stock turbo class - keeps it competitive for those of you with few mods, the hp also stay relatively close so you can focus more on your chassis setup.

Id kill for a 2.5 around here, all we have is workstock dominated by 700hp trucks.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

It might as well all be 2.5, the way all the workstock trucks cheat in NE Ohio! AT least they all still lost to a stock turbo truck last weekend. That should give em a warm fuzzy feeling!

It might as well all be 2.5, the way all the workstock trucks cheat in NE Ohio! AT least they all still lost to a stock turbo truck last weekend. That should give em a warm fuzzy feeling!

Nadm rules....there's your problem. Glad to here about the stock turbo win though.

I plan on doing everything to the truck to get it into a 2.6 class right where my 01 was. But I'd prefer to save my money and do it all at once. Plus I have other projects going as well.

I will see what I can do in the MD/PA area with 500hp. And if I dont win, oh well, I'llhave fun doing it.

Ya I've beat some of the stick trucks and they've beat me just dependant on the track. I have only pulled a few times this year so I'm not sure where the class is at. There's a pull in Lafayette this Sunday so I'll see how I stack up. Btw I think stock turbo classes are a joke . How many trucks are stock there. Get a dmax and put cheetah turbo looks stock right.

Ya I've beat some of the stick trucks and they've beat me just dependant on the track. I have only pulled a few times this year so I'm not sure where the class is at. There's a pull in Lafayette this Sunday so I'll see how I stack up. Btw I think stock turbo classes are a joke . How many trucks are stock there. Get a dmax and put cheetah turbo looks stock right.

That true around here too. The work stock is all duramaxes.

If everyone wants to complain about duramax's cheating with cheatahs, if thats how you feel then cheat too! Hey guess what fleece makes a he351 cheetah too! it takes $100 to call someone out at these pulls here in the md/pa area and if you protest someones truck guess what...yours is getting teched too. You may as well start bending the rules because i can assure you whatever you come up with, is already being done.

I don't care if its a duramax cummins or powerstroke. I'm just saying the stock turbo class is a joke because not all the makes are even from the beginning. At least with 2.5 it says every truck has to have the same size turbo. Is a 12 valve even with a 6.4 powetstroke or an LBZ Dmax not hardly. Im guessing everyone thinks its cheaper to have a stock turbo class guess what the guys winning all the time aren't stock. I know 2
.5 isn't perfect but its easier to tech and more uniform. Its motorsports doesn't matter if its dirt track, sled pulling or nascar whoever finds a loophole, spends the most money and does a little homework is going to win.

Last edited:
Iv been saying we need a 2.5 class for 2 years. I dint think its fair a dodge with a 56mm turbo has to compete against a newer truck with a 63 like a Duramax. It turns most people away because a 12/24v will never be successfull. I'm not saying that because I drive a dodge and whining either but the sport would be more competitive and give others more of a chance.

I don't care if its a duramax cummins or powerstroke. I'm just saying the stock turbo class is a joke because not all the makes are even from the beginning. At least with 2.5 it says every truck has to have the same size turbo. Is a 12 valve even with a 6.4 powetstroke or an LBZ Dmax not hardly. Im guessing everyone thinks its cheaper to have a stock turbo class guess what the guys winning all the time aren't stock. I know 2
.5 isn't perfect but its easier to tech and more uniform. Its motorsports doesn't matter if its dirt track, sled pulling or nascar whoever finds a loophole, spends the most money and does a little homework is going to win.

And you drive a dodge, I drive a ford - 2.5 doesnt allow any ford to fit the rules and be competetive....

from 05/06-2010 dmax,powerstrokes and cummings all can be found making 500-550hp on a completely stock charger....this are also the model trucks that most people that should be in a "workstock" or daily driven class own.

IMO 2.5 isnt the answer, good techs are.

And you drive a dodge, I drive a ford - 2.5 doesnt allow any ford to fit the rules and be competetive....

from 05/06-2010 dmax,powerstrokes and cummings all can be found making 500-550hp on a completely stock charger....this are also the model trucks that most people that should be in a "workstock" or daily driven class own.

IMO 2.5 isnt the answer, good techs are.

Good post 2.5 is not the answer bc a duramax or cra with the same 2.5 charger will run alot better then a 12v. Pick your class and build the right truck

2.5 does not limit the charger size, it merely limits the inducer size.

Back