View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #58
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincejax View Post
Because I can't go there and watch it on the stand myself and be involved. That's a significant part of this hobby that I enjoy. I actually even made my own set of adapters so I can run 12v injectors on the test stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincejax View Post
What about the result do you think will be better specifically?
See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
You are going to have to come to terms with the fact that professionals aren't going to broadcast the level of specificity you require on an internet forum. This is much more likely to happen if you have a conversation in private with one of these individuals.

Don't take it personally. I like to be involved in the hobby to the degree that you do, also. Just not so much now that I'm older. The 6.7 injector in a 5.9 hole is a good one that got out of hand. The air filter thread, too. Completely off.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsuper90 View Post
How many HP test stand does it take to run a 13,14 or 16mm?

I know each is different, but I’ve heard 16mm takes gobs of power to turn, just curious how much.
Columbus diesel I believe had a test stand at 100hp...I'm not certain of that, but I know if heard it can take 75hp on the nose of the cam to drive a good p-pump.

To the OP...if you have to have your grubby little paws in it, and no one else's, you probably had better resign yourself to the fact that it's going to run like dog chit...because it will.

It takes half a lifetime to learn the ins and outs of a mechanical device with the tolerances of an inline pump, and a healthy checkbook to buy the equipment necessary to do proper hot rod modifications....also, it takes knowing you can't do it all yourself, and knowing that someone else might just know more than you do.

IMHO
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply