View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Penni

Name: Penni
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
2.5 puller project

I have already posted in the "get a quote" section, but i figured id post here to get feedback from individuals on my ideas. Im starting to order parts for my 2.5 puller project.. thoughts regarding the following are appreciated.

Nv4500 3600 or 3850 dual disk clutch 1 3/8 input.. truck will never make huge power, I'm guessing 500-600ish hp I hope, sled pull mostly street only occasionally... (auto to manual swap) I'm worried about "over-clutching" the truck with the 3850... thoughts?

Injectors and dv's... I have sent smokem a PM, still waiting on a reply, but I'm thinking 5x18 and full cuts... also open to suggestions...

Already received several quotes for 4.10 and 4.88 ring and pinion/carrier/spool etc... thank you for that... regearing will probably be a ways down the road, limited funds

Got adjustable 70"-80" cpp traction bars coming... they're on sale currently

Also looking for a charger, talking to a member about a billet WS charger... but also open to any offers/suggestions, no commitment made yet...

air-to-air intercooler will be down the road a ways as well, i want one but its outside of budget

truck already has a raptor 100(??)gph lift pump, will be removing that and installing FASS 150 or 200 with a beans sump, along with fuel pressure gauge at the pump...

truck does have egt and boost gauges, and 60lb valve springs currently... no idea on pump modifications (if any) currently, i will be checking the pump out (size, plate- afc mods etc...)

Umm, once again my budget is fairly limited, the whole idea behind this build is just to have fun, hence why I'm not going all out with crazy headwork, $2500 pump, cam, etc... maybe down the road I'll get to that point, but for now just looking to get started, so I'm open to suggestions on if you think I could use it/need it for pulling...

Any help or thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated...

98 - 12v, under construction now, eventually a dedicated 2.5 puller

06 - QCSB - G56, 3250 SB DD, Fass 150, Arson III, 90hp DDP, EFI Live by Done Right Diesel Performance, CTS Insight, S&B CAI, Full Audio System

1972 - Chevy C-10 longbed, also rebuilding slowly