View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #13
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsman315 View Post
I'm running a fuelab pump similar to an a1000 and a fuelab regulator on the return side on the injection pump. Regulator is a single line in and single line out -6 for both if I remember correctly. And I ran the regulator return all the way to the tank separate from the factory style return. This is on a p-pump 24v. If I were to do it again or get around to changing it I would put the regulator on the feed side of the injection pump
I have mine set up similarly but tied into the original return. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCH View Post
This may sound like a dumb question but exactly how does the system work when putting the regulator on the return side anyway. I understand on a gas efi system but on a p-pump I can't really picture it. How do you stop from getting high pressure fuel (whatever an a1000 can put out) when the regulator is after the pump on the return side. Would you have to modify the stock return system, like basically remove all of the stock pressure regulating parts and just install a fitting with a new line? Like I said that may be a dumb question but I can't understand it.
You are guaranteed whatever pressure is at the regulator is at the injection pump or slightly higher. What are you worried about feeding the ppump "high" pressure for?