View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #33
MD-LUCKY

Name: MD-LUCKY
Title: Difficult To Pronounce...
Member`s Gallery
So I realize it has been a while since these bottles were sent out, but I wanted to give my honest assessment of the product now that I have had the opportunity to use the entire bottle.

The first thing you notice with Rev-X is the bottle. As a long time powerservice/2stroke oil user, I’ve always had a hard time getting the correct “dosage” from the bottle. The nice thing about the Rev-X bottle is that you are able to get the exact amount needed every time. Handy.
I tested the product in a couple of ways. First, the standard around town 5 minutes to work every morning commute. The next way was towing a small enclosed trailer 256 miles, and making the return trip empty for those 256 miles. This route is one that I’ve taken many times, and I am very familiar with the average MPG.

Around town, I did not notice a huge increase in MPG with Rev-X, but I did notice a slight improvement. If I spend a majority of time around town, I usually average around 15-17mpg. With the Rev-X, I average right around 17, with 1 tank at 16.6 and another at 17.3.
The towing test was impressive. I have done this trip many times, and usually get right around 18-19mpg empty. This trip, I got 18.7mpg while towing a 18 foot dual axle enclosed trailer with probably close to 3000 pounds inside. Not bad.
The return trip was an empty run, and I had another good run of 19.4mpg. Slightly above average for what I usually get on this trip.
Driving conditions were about as tough as you can imagine. Cold temps (under 20* for most of it), elevation changes from 2552ft, up to 4710ft on passes, and back down to 3220ft.

Over all, I have to say that I am a fan of Rev-X. I would absolutely run this product again, with the only (minor) hindrance being no local availability. Pretty easy to solve by placing orders online when you start to get low. I would like to run 10-20 tanks of fuel before I REALLY felt comfortable saying it improved mileage, but from my calculations, in my truck, using my driving habits in my climate, I have to say that I did notice an improvement in my winter fuel mileage.