View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #17
Chowderhead72

Name: Chowderhead72
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
If that does prove to be the case, plan on bearing retainer and clutch damage, as well.
That it shifts and is quiet while sitting there running, says to me that the input probably broke clean, or the clutch came apart.

I'm assuming that you DON'T have the stock dual mass clutch in it anymore?

Mark.
Nope... Spec “ST” which has been a great clutch. It currently has 70k of abuse on it. It’s supposed to be good for 2500lb/ft and in perfect conditions I might be at half that at best. It’s a solid hub (non-sprung) so not incredibly quiet but has been rock solid since 2007. Odd thing though it works best with stock hydros; I have a set of southbend HD’s but the throw was all wrong so when the last new tranny went in I put a new set of mopar hydros in and all was well again. I did have to replace the pilot bearing once however but beyond that no issues.

All that said if the clutch is fragged I will be installing something a little lighter duty. Clutches are cheap... G56 parts not so much....

Bearing retainer? Transmission case that holds the input shaft I assume? Not the pilot bearing on the flywheel; right? I plan on replacing the pilot either way. Cheap insurance. I’ll have to look at the input shaft case bearing.
05.5 2500 slt 4x4 QCsb g56 sx362/476 twins, Smarty S06 TNT, Spec ST Dual Disk, Diprocol fuel, pyro,boost, BDS long arm 6 inch, 37" Toyo MT's, Srt-10 hood, Amp steps, 8.5 Steering upgrade, Carli Low Damper, BD Steering Brace

Last edited by Chowderhead72; 07-15-2018 at 10:16 PM.