Very disappointed today.

Mountainman234

HillBilly
I've purchased and installed several goerend transmissions in my own and friends trucks and have nothing but great things to report about them. But today i called to get a new one for a new truck and was informed that they are no longer building complete transmissions. I was told they are too backed up and are only selling parts now and that most likely they will not be building complete units once they are caught up.

I've purchased and installed several goerend transmissions in my own and friends trucks and have nothing but great things to report about them. But today i called to get a new one for a new truck and was informed that they are no longer building complete transmissions. I was told they are too backed up and are only selling parts now and that most likely they will not be building complete units once they are caught up.

That sucks, but is a good thing in my eyes. Would you rather them take your money and not build your trans for months while you sit truckless? I applaud them for realizing how swamped they are, and adjusting accordingly.

BTW this is not a dig at you, just saying what I think they did is smart, if they can't keep up with demand, they won't let service, quality, and time restraints get brushed under the rug to make a buck.

I guess i misread what you wrote in bold. I can't see them not building transmissions in house anymore, but of course i could be wrong.

He's been sending customers to Garmon due to this.... Gotta respect him for that!

This will be disappointing to fans of Dave G. ... Best of luck to him in the future.

I had to wait three months for mine, I ordered back in Oct/Nov last year. I gladly waited, things running great, better than the trash I had before, that's for damn sure.

Why would they not build whole units anymore though?? Doesn't totally make sense to me but I don't know the details.

I was told this would happen a couple years ago from Darlene...

I call BS. I know them all very well and live 30 minutes away and sell a TON of Goerend stuff and all of us that sell his product werent notified until recently. BTW...its Darla and Denise.

They are selling parts but no complete units. They are now manufacturing shafts, pans, flexplates, etc for use in builds along with VB's and convertors and a few other things. Dave has spent a very large amount of money in machines to build the parts for a better transmission. Goerend will always be in the transmission business!

I call BS. I know them all very well and live 30 minutes away and sell a TON of Goerend stuff and all of us that sell his product werent notified until recently. BTW...its Darla and Denise.

They are selling parts but no complete units. They are now manufacturing shafts, pans, flexplates, etc for use in builds along with VB's and convertors and a few other things. Dave has spent a very large amount of money in machines to build the parts for a better transmission. Goerend will always be in the transmission business!

We heard it was coming about 2-3 months ago, Dave is recommending certain builders in regions to build the trans to his specs, using his parts. He will still stand behind his parts the same as he always has.

Well that blows my plans out of the water, looks like ill be taking apart my trans myself when it comes time.

I was informed that I got one of the last complete units, so I have to put this out there,

tosh_201_swiss_ball_v6.jpg

Excited to get my damn pos back together and try her out.

We heard it was coming about 2-3 months ago, Dave is recommending certain builders in regions to build the trans to his specs, using his parts. He will still stand behind his parts the same as he always has.

Yeah over the last few monthes the word was let out but not 2 years ago.

I was informed that I got one of the last complete units, so I have to put this out there,

tosh_201_swiss_ball_v6.jpg

Excited to get my damn pos back together and try her out.

LMAO! yes yes you did but you are still a mad midget!

Its a bittersweet deal. Trannies of this caliber will never be had again. But at least we will have some of the best hard parts available from the best guy in the tranny biz. Only the people that have seen it go down in person can understand how far Dave Goerend goes to do what he does right.

Back