View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #40
cut7

Name: cut7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotadzl View Post
Just to be clear, I didn't say it was a direct bolt up. I said IF the pilot and bolt pattern were the same. There is more than one version or engine application of this pump. I was simply speaking in general terms that the install on the engine was relatively easy as compared to the controls.

Don't worry, no offense taken. I just want to be clear that this is an undertaking of considerable magnitude to tackle. I have several versions of this pump, & have studied the inner workings of these pumps extensively before settling on the exact model I used. So that there is no confusion about this, none of the H-pumps I've seen — & I've seen quite a few — are a direct bolt up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotadzl View Post
It is an interesting concept and I've often wondered when working on these pumps "what if" Dodge had used these on the 24 valves instead of a VP44.
I am confident that if that was the case, those trucks would have been far & away the most desirable, & would've dominated all the pulling contests.
6BT Fummins, EFR 7064 over S369; DPS 3-piece manifold; wide-bowl pistons; ported head with 48mm intake & 45mm exhaust valves; 60 lb. valve springs; Colt stage 3 cam; H-1000 injection pump, 10° initial timing, 39° total advance; 5x14 Injectors popped to 325 bar; Fluidampr.