Individual Injector Information Seeking

USARMY12V

Rally round the Virginian
So just finally got around to getting EFI Live done, I'm having a weird issue with what I believe to be is fuel injection related. Sometimes the engine has a weird lope to it. I switched from MCC to EFI so I can be fairly confident that it's not the tuning itself doing it. What PDC do I need to add to be monitored to view what my injectors are doing via data logging? I know this is a fairly noob question but I'm looking forward to the diagnostic abilities this new found data logging on my truck can provide me. It already has rail pressure and commanded/desired/actual checks out okay so I'm assuming it is injector related now.

Does EFI live have an injector kill test? Or that is only on the GM stuff.

Do you have a flash scan or an auto cal?

I believe, but haven't tried it my self, EFI live has a pre set list of parameters for your truck (ECM), that is where I would start?

Last edited:
Does EFI live have an injector kill test? Or that is only on the GM stuff.

Do you have a flash scan or an auto cal?

I believe, but haven't tried it my self, EFI live has a pre set list of parameters for your truck (ECM), that is where I would start?
With efilive You can only log fuel quantity and injector pulse as a whole. No way to kill them individually or see any statistics individually. You can see individual balance rates

Individual balance rates at idle will be good enough for me since the idle acts weird sometimes. I'll have to look at it this weekend. Seems dumb the PIDS are locked to what the tuner installs on to the Autocal tho.

Individual balance rates at idle will be good enough for me since the idle acts weird sometimes. I'll have to look at it this weekend. Seems dumb the PIDS are locked to what the tuner installs on to the Autocal tho.

Can't you get those changed? Would you have to send the autocal back?

I am glad I purchased the flash scan instead of the autocal

You can download the software for free and log in pass through mode. Then you can select whatever PID you want.

it has been a while but I managed to use efi live to find a bad injector. I forget what parameter I watched but had the engine warm and pulled the valve cover and disconnected one injector at a time, started the engine and whatever parameter it was that I was watching took 30 seconds or a minute to stabilize. I recorded that for each injector and found it to be #6 (of course)

Back