View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #34
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
3.6 is on its way out.......the foundation is laid for only having one single charger odl class, and i'll be willing to bet that class fits neither of the existing turbos. spec fuel is a joke and allows plenty of room to cheat, there are some crafty dishonest mf's in and around this sport.
I 100% agree with this. It was pretty clear when they made the changes last year 3.6 was going to be on life support (going from 30+ trucks one year to 8 the next). I have been thinking for awhile now there was going to be a 2.6 SB-single tire, 3.0 SB ODL with duals, and a SS class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
What I have asked , mainly because my truck is gutted and on dots, is why don't they let the gutted trucks run at 77-7800 and the others run 8000 or let us add 2-300 pounds like the old 3.0 used to do.

I think the reason it gets brought up is there are some 3.6 guys that still love pulling but hate having to travel 20k miles a year for 10 hooks. But without building another truck they have no other choice.
I also think this is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledPuller21 View Post
It takes a lot more than 1800 to compete in the SS class. Our single charger super stock engines are making just over 2500 and I barley cracked the top ten at scheids. Don't get me wrong, they can be competitive on the right tracks, but driving a large single, with water on cuts is harder than most people think.
I thought I recalled two trucks under 2500HP finishing in the top 4 each night. That track is more a HP track than some when some of the lowest HP trucks finished highest but there are also tracks where if you aren't 2800+ you forget about winning. In the end it all evens out and if you are in the 2300-2600 hp range with a decent driveable turbo set up you can compete all year long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
I agree. Them fussing about lower power trucks is kind of ridiculous. I'm like you it doesn't help the sport at all.

People just need to realize PPL doesn't care anything about the pullers at the end of the day. Why do you think rule changes happen? Sponors need to make money. All they care about is enough trucks to have a class. 8-10 and they are happy. The 40 truck hooks are a PITA.
I would tend to agree that anymore than 15-18 trucks is tough but they certainly aren't trying to eliminate the 40-60 TWD, Gas 4x4, or Super farms I see at a lot of hooks. Talk about boring......