After few months of tweaks and testing

I'm sure it would be beneficial to any truck. But Opie mentioned the 500+ hp trucks turning big rpms. My truck is still making small hp, but it's a standard and I have wrapped the tach over to 3500 - 4000 just about everytime I shift some days.

looks pretty slick. I was considering doing something similar and dumping it into our upper radiator pipe for the dual pump kit. With a kit like this though it would get me away from having to keep different radiator pipes in stock. Any idea of the price?

Currently the price is 475 plus shipping but theres a customer loyalty hitch going on right now. I have already sold my first batch to some very loyal customers. Some I am sure some of which will be giving some informative real world replys. I have already got a waiting list started which will be filled in the order the orders are recieved. To those interested in the next batch can contact me at opie@opieparts.com

As for the hp requirement, the first 12 valve kit going out isn't a high hp truck. It resides in the mountains and has temp issues he is trying to rectify. But to be honest the rest of the kits going out currently are going to some 11-12 second kids.

Opie...
Can the kits for the 12v's be had with any other color hose but that hideous and very ugly Blue??.

If so I am interested in one for mine........Andy

Actually there is a choice of Red, Gray, Yellow, Orange or Hairy. Well not really on the Hairy. If you want people can do it themself and run stainless for that matter as JIC12 is the same as AN12.

dang, no hairy? LOL

As I am finding out today theres no hairy, scaley or feathery available sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Actually I left out the good old color black though. I spoke with my local Parker rep to see if there is any glowing hose wrap available and the answer was no. So thats pretty much all the options on colors.

LOL I should of shaded out the rest of the motor as it is just too distracting. Though I am still trying to get the 12V kit worked out. Price currently is under $500 for the 2nd and 3rd Gen 5.9's I forgot to take a pic of the third gen, when Paul gets home from racing this weekend I will ask him to post a pic of the one on his truck.

My engine isn't nearly as pretty as Nathan's so it won't be as distracting.:poke:

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

Sorry about the pics being so large....

Paul

In the first pic above you can also see the MITUSA fuel pump. Opie now has a mount, so that people running a fluid dampener, and twin CP3's, can run the MITUSA. I no longer have a fuel supply problem.

As far as what I noticed with the coolant bypass. I notice that going down the track, the coolant doesn't rise as much as it did before. It amounts to about a 20 degree reduction in temp at the end of the 1/4 mile. In normal driving the coolant temp is more stable. I don't see the thermostat cycling like I did before.

Another benefit I noticed, but didn't tie it to the bypass right away, is that the transmission temps didn't get as hot, and cooled down quicker. On the 05 I still have the heat exchanger, because it doesn't have to be removed when you install twins like it does on the 2nd gens. It seems that with the increased coolant flow, it dissipates the transmission temps much quicker.

I know this is all subjective information, but I thought I would share what my initial impressions were.

Paul

I would be curious to the little device? Is it a pressure regulator? Pressure relief valve? Does it tap into the head at two points?

Nice install Paul the Mitusa install looks pretty slick, no doubt my phone is going to be ringing tomarrow. I am waiting on material to come in to make a rather large batch of pump brackets.

The bracket that the regulator mounts to will have a cleaner look next go around.

I would be curious to the little device? Is it a pressure regulator? Pressure relief valve? Does it tap into the head at two points?

Yes it is a regulator thats flow characteristic is altered by both pressure and temp. And that in itself is why it can do things that other systems don't. It only ties into the head at one point.

My truck tends to blow antifreeze out whenever I turn up a little timing. Would this unit help that problem?

Thanks

Kevin

Opie, is the heat exchanger ( torque converter cooler ) by-passed with this kit ?

looking at the pic, it looks like you've connected to the little pipe coming off the head towards the back of the engine ?

Opie, is the heat exchanger ( torque converter cooler ) by-passed with this kit ?

looking at the pic, it looks like you've connected to the little pipe coming off the head towards the back of the engine ?

No the kit includes a fitting that replaces the pipe plug in the head common to the #5 & #6 cylinder location.

Opie, I am ready for one of these kits also... WHen is the next batch going to be made?? I have an OPIE/Ultimate Tranny so does that get my loyalty points??? LOL

You can pm me and let me know eta if possible

tia

SHANe

Back