Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

I would assume 80% is equal on any valvebody at any pressure range... If the valvebody is properly set up. It's just a percentage of the total range of pressure that particular valvebody is designed for.

I'm going to have to make a cheat sheet to answer questions from.

The spool valves shift at settings TV past 80%, reducing the Anteaters ability to induce shifts properly.

Having the static TV gives the Anteater a constant pressure to counteract when it modulates the governor pressure to induce a shift.

With a variable TV, the pressure needed to produce a shift changes with throttle input, on a mechanical level in addition to the data points you chose in your tune.

Setting a static TV lets you hit your intended shift points.

FWIW my 12V has run 10k with the TV cable still attached.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just to clear things up, I tried downloading the version off of Firepunks website with no success after successfully downloading the beta version Brandon emailed me. And yes I totally Uninstalled the beta version before trying to download the older version off of there website

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

so from what I read through this thread,the anteater likes static adjustment best. around 80% tied back from what ive seen the most,but does anybody have an actual line pressure number to go off of? 80% on my valvebody and 80% on anybody else's is 2 different line pressure numbers
80% is a ratio, not a static pressure. That's why it works on pretty much every VB. Start out at 80%. Adjust until it's happy at WOT. Check main line pressure at WOT and make sure your trans builder is happy with the number. Then move to the light throttle side. If 1-2 or 2-3 hang late, then bump up Gov PSI Mod by 5.

If you have compatibility issues with the Goerend VB, I'd like to see the truck in person to troubleshoot pressures.

80% is a ratio, not a static pressure. That's why it works on pretty much every VB. Start out at 80%. Adjust until it's happy at WOT. Check main line pressure at WOT and make sure your trans builder is happy with the number. Then move to the light throttle side. If 1-2 or 2-3 hang late, then bump up Gov PSI Mod by 5.

If you have compatibility issues with the Goerend VB, I'd like to see the truck in person to troubleshoot pressures.
Alright sounds good, I'm only about a hour north of Firepunk so it wouldn't be a big deal to bring it down. Hopefully I don't have the issues

Alright sounds good, I'm only about a hour north of Firepunk so it wouldn't be a big deal to bring it down. Hopefully I don't have the issues

I don't think you will. One of our southern dealers installs ~2-3/mo on Goerend transmissions without issues.

Idk, if there's 1% chance for something to go wrong with whatever I'm working on. It'll happen lol

That's what I was getting at in post #821... But you explained it much better.

If I want to make the tune command an earlier downshift in a passing situation, what do I meed to change? Specifically, I'm talking about the truck staying in OD at around 55 at high throttle position causing more smoke than I'd like. Just decrease OD Off MPH for my desired throttle postition downshift? What about 3-2 and 2-1 downshift?

Go back and look at some of the tunes I posted (I think I posted them?)

My truck upshifts and downshift specifically for that reason right around 60mph. It does it every morning on the way to work.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

One axis of the tune graph represents throttle position. You can move the OD on and off lines to wherever you want them.

What's the benefit to locking up and then commanding overdrive instead of vice versa like how you had your dd tune setup Qmfb. Seems like it would be harder on the overdrive brake clutches.

Well the earlier lockup keeps fluid temps down, and for me at least, made the truck much more responsive. Like in race applications you will lock right after the 1-2 shift.

And I can't exactly remember where my settings were, but it seems like I would have lockup between 2-3 at the very least... But I did play with it a lot. Lol !

If I remember correctly, a lot of my tunes actually had the lockup line going DOWN in relation to throttle position. Deeper into the throttle, the sooner lockup would occur. Light throttle driving, later lockup.

Locked shifts weren't to rough for normal driving? I haven't had any luck making any changes, haven't had any luck with the software

So as throttle position increases, does OD Off occur above or below the designated mph? I notice some of the sample tunes have the OD Off mph continue to increase with throttle position.

Last edited:
OD off only happens when OD is currently on and you decelerate into the area below the OD off line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biggy, were you the one using the windows tablet? I'm done screwing with this lap top I can't get anywhere with it. I need to get something relatively cheap that actually works

Back