Heads up, diesel fuel testing

What specific additive. Curious why that is

I run lightning juice and stanadyne pump lube. Low compression is a big factor. I have tried straight diesel by accident and after 3 cans of ether I figured out that the wrong can of fuel was put in the tank. Even after the cylinder temps got up it still wouldn't run on its own.

Last edited:
Wow I had no clue these engines were that hard to start/ run. Is there a certain timing or compression this happens at? I have heard most people say you start on either and switch to fuel slowly

I'm still down at 12.5:1 cr. I can only speak for myself but I'm over 35* timing but straight diesel just isn't hot enough for a good enough burn at idle with the limited air, big injectors and low CE. I was using 45 cetane fuel also

I'm still down at 12.5:1 cr. I can only speak for myself but I'm over 35* timing but straight diesel just isn't hot enough for a good enough burn at idle with the limited air, big injectors and low CE. I was using 45 cetane fuel also

Just curious but would adding ethanol help? IT seems to me most OTC additives have ethanol as the main ingredient.

How has the fuel test **** show been going haha what brand of cups were chosen to use? The nitro I'm mixing with my fuel will **** up a Styrofoam cups day! DS!

Back