General waste of my time

800 IS NOT POSSIBLE with an isx, especially with vgt. Cant be done

i-r-truckdriver. Sell all that big cam stuff and swap in a d12 or better. 1000hp all day long on a gt45.

I don't know why I would stop there, I have access to a wonderful maxxxxxxforce and the stock gt38 from off my old 7.3. These guys wont know what hit them

Pump work I would talk to Jim at diesel controls, tell him what you want and he can build about anything for you.

i-r-truckdriver. Sell all that big cam stuff and swap in a d12 or better. 1000hp all day long on a gt45.

Easy with VGT.

850 from 855 with HT4 is also easy and can pull trailer.

Pump work I would talk to Jim at diesel controls, tell him what you want and he can build about anything for you.

I'm not sure I know what I want at this point. I guess a good place to start is what is the capacity of those injectors you have available?

what secret squirrel stuff do I need to turn this engine beyond 3k rpm? You know without valves making out with pistons

To put that in perspective this is a stock C12.......
238f7fa47c648b046d374e8febc6c65a.jpg

Building an 800hp ISX is like shoving a bowling pin up your arse, just because you can doesn’t mean you should. And if you do your probably going to need a diaper to catch what leaks from both.

speaking of c12. Any special rebuild kit or parts needed to make it live a happy vocational life (dump truck) around 500 maybe 550hp? Currently at factory 430hp. Never had any power complaints until the new truck got done. New truck has a bxs set at 550.

speaking of c12. Any special rebuild kit or parts needed to make it live a happy vocational life (dump truck) around 500 maybe 550hp? Currently at factory 430hp. Never had any power complaints until the new truck got done. New truck has a bxs set at 550.

Would have to do some digging but there is a 15:1 pack with Monotherm piston for the NFL and C1Z marine C12

Would have to do some digging but there is a 15:1 pack with Monotherm piston for the NFL and C1Z marine C12

I know i'm playing both sides of the fence here so don't hate. How much low end will be lost with going to a 15:1 vs stock 16:1? I don't know what type of piston comes stock so i'm guessing the 1pc monotherm is a good improvement. Only reason I ask is truck is coming up on 30k hours and hasn't been touched. Getting to have quite a bit of blowby so the time is near. We do like the way it currently runs but being a dump truck that frequently runs off road with 3.90 gears legal gross 73k. I don't really know how much lugging ability we can give up for a little more up top.

Last edited:

Building an 800hp ISX is like shoving a bowling pin up your arse, just because you can doesn’t mean you should. And if you do your probably going to need a diaper to catch what leaks from both.

No building it. Just tune. Unless you concider an aftermarket exhaust manifold building the engine:rockwoot:

I know i'm playing both sides of the fence here so don't hate. How much low end will be lost with going to a 15:1 vs stock 16:1? I don't know what type of piston comes stock so i'm guessing the 1pc monotherm is a good improvement. Only reason I ask is truck is coming up on 30k hours and hasn't been touched. Getting to have quite a bit of blowby so the time is near. We do like the way it currently runs but being a dump truck that frequently runs off road with 3.90 gears legal gross 73k. I don't really know how much lugging ability we can give up for a little more up top.
Never notice it. Especially if its tuned after

Back