48RE Heat Exchanger

jack.resar

I had my heat exchanger leak coolant into my transmission after replacing the heat exchanger with a new one and rebuilding the the transmission the new heat exchanger is leaking and I just want to bypass is all together. I am just going to tie the two transmission lines together that feed into the heat exchanger. My question is on the heat exchanger there is an input and output when I take those two line off of it what size are the threads on the exchanger so I can make a piece to tie the two lines together. please I only need to know the the size. I have heard all the opinions I need to hear about trans temp and towing and deleting it. I am dead set on bypassing it I just need to know the size so I can make a piece like the one pictured to bypass it. I have a 2006 dodge ram 2500 mega cab with a 5.9 cummins.

attachment.php

mZ54SKHE21QKPnPPLEMEnZg.jpg

I just removed the cooler, plugged the block, and deleted associated cooling lines. I'm running an auxiliary cooler in series with the factory front cooler and cruising it runs about 110* and racing/pulling might get to 180-200* but I also don't drive it in cold weather. Good luck.

I just turned up some plugs for the coolant lines, and then cut/flared/compression fittings to bypass the lines running over there. Then added a cooler behind the bumper (not the most efficient place, but it's safe and it works).

You can pull a fitting out of the exchanger and take them when you get the hydraulic hose made.

-8 AN double male 90* fitting x 2, and 8 AN straight push lock fitting x 2. and 1 foot of 8 AN push lock hose. Google descriptions for pictures.

Back