Super Stock Diesel 4x4 Build and First Hooks

props to you sir. very nice build. It's even better for people like you that share your craftsmanship and your go fast parts for people like me that will never see them on my truck.

Good job at Ft Wayne, I see you kept up with the big boys this weekend. I always thought that most of the trucks in the SStock class are too light rearward. I think your Ford frame will work for you.
Good Luck the rest of the season.....and I see Shane Wurm's truck did very well too!

Do you still cut the screw-on filters open to inspect ever so often?

I will when I change the oil. I just like to see it after every run if possible. There shouldn't be anything that gets past that screen on the engine side but I will check every now and then.

Good job at Ft Wayne, I see you kept up with the big boys this weekend. I always thought that most of the trucks in the SStock class are too light rearward. I think your Ford frame will work for you.
Good Luck the rest of the season.....and I see Shane Wurm's truck did very well too!

I think you meant Fort Recovery but thank you. We had a nice run on Friday night to make the pull off been then nerves got the best of me and I blew the tires off at 150' and steered it all over the track. Saturday night I was better with steering but need to work on the throttle control a little more.

Shane had two great nights, especially in his debut. He's always been a hell of a driver and he's got a top notch build. He's going to be a force for sure.

Saw you pull Sat night at Fort. It has to feel good to have her going down the track! The experience will come and you will only get better. Congrats on a good showing Friday night.

We made two passes in Illinois this past weekend with an 8th and 6th place. We had some trouble fueling the truck the first night and went down the track at around 4000 rpms. The second night we found the fuel and hit 6600 rpms.

We will be at Hillsboro this weekend so come out and say hi if you're around.

Is it at the fairgrounds in town there where they used to have pulls? What they they starting?

Edit: I'm thinking about wrong hillsboro. Carry on

Last edited:
We made two passes in Illinois this past weekend with an 8th and 6th place. We had some trouble fueling the truck the first night and went down the track at around 4000 rpms. The second night we found the fuel and hit 6600 rpms.

i'll be checking it out pretty thoroughly, luckily you guys are in the night session this year, just sad the semis aren't. but when the super farms are center stage there, im sure the crowd will love watching 40 supers vs the 10 semis.:nail:, she's a phenomenal track once the sun goes down, good luck!

There was a misprint on the state site of the session schedules. So I was wrong about my previous post. Hope she gets down the track smoothly.

Just curious....how do you "find fuel" i've heard several sled pullers refer to this. I didn't know it could go hiding. Not trying to be a wise ass just curious. I thought with the p-pumps more or less you have them set wide open

Just curious....how do you "find fuel" i've heard several sled pullers refer to this. I didn't know it could go hiding. Not trying to be a wise ass just curious. I thought with the p-pumps more or less you have them set wide open

Sigmas, especially those that are high performance, are funny and the governers sometimes don’t work the way they should. At wide open throttle you may or may not get full fuel. I’m not intelligent enough to tell you why but a truck at full throttle shouldn’t go down the track at 4500 rpms one night and 6600 the next on similar tracks and sled settings.

Back