View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 07:13 AM   #14
Red Sleeper

Name: Red Sleeper
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Overbuilt 1998 Ram 2500 12 Valve (Build Progress Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnham View Post
I'm not entirely sure of the direction I can say I'm going with the truck, I guess the best way to put it is that I'm making something that is fun, pretty well indestructible, and looks good doing it!

I want to drive the doors off it, I plan on hitting every state in the US and getting a license plate from each to commemorate it. Its at 420k km, and I want it to hit 999,999

As it sits the total is 9", after the body lift is out I plan on setting it at the same height, although the 4 wheel semi air bags gives me the adjustablilty to put it anywhere really! Tire size is 38x15.5r20 toyos right now, I dont plan on going bigger as it looks goofy, I find the 38s are a good balance.

I'll take a look at the helwig sways! Thanks!

Very cool. I like the idea of folks building vehicles for no set purpose, just the fact of building one and making it exactly to how you envision.

I think your tire size looks proportional to the amount of lift you have and current gearing. Bigger is not always better, especially for street manners.

Good selection on the axle. High pinion? Do you plan on clocking the differential to help with drive shaft angle? Was that lift on a Dodge previously? Just curious on the spring rates.

Just a suggestion for your cross country treks, auxiliary fuel tank.
'91 Cummins w350 5spd

Last edited by Red Sleeper; 06-05-2017 at 07:14 AM.