View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 02:00 AM   #15
Brawnham

Name: Brawnham
Title: Second Gen Guru
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sleeper View Post
Very cool. I like the idea of folks building vehicles for no set purpose, just the fact of building one and making it exactly to how you envision.

I think your tire size looks proportional to the amount of lift you have and current gearing. Bigger is not always better, especially for street manners.

Good selection on the axle. High pinion? Do you plan on clocking the differential to help with drive shaft angle? Was that lift on a Dodge previously? Just curious on the spring rates.

Just a suggestion for your cross country treks, auxiliary fuel tank.
I was thinking of going a little lower, just so it'd maybe be a little more street friendly, but this truck has always been big and I fell in love with it that way. Its just mean looking

The axle is a high pinion yup, I've got high steer on it too, all my tie rod end angles and everything should be nice and flat. My driveshaft angle looks good as well, the NP271 is a little longer so that should help it out as well.
Its clocked stock now, I based the location of the truss off the original spring pad location on the diff so everything is where it should be.

Im not too sure if you're supposed to clock the diff upwards and if it helps with driveshaft angle. I know for the rear you want the angle of the diff to match the angle of your driveline, a straight line is not always better.

These trucks have 130L tanks so it should have enough between gas stations, I'll have to see how bad it is on fuel though haha! I was going to put a topper on it when I go down and outfit the inside so that I can sleek in it, I figure a conventional slide in camper would be far too top heavy with the lift.