2014 m2-106

frankencummins

Has anyone interacted with the M2 sport chassis with the 9L cummins? Dad burnt a hole in the EGR cooler on our 2017 :ford::doh: F-450 this weekend hauling 14 head in the 36' gooseneck. 2nd Ford truck the farm has ate in 5 years has got the little brother looking at medium duty trucks. Don't think I'll convince them to buy a Ram:soap: but at least they're starting to think the right way.

Has anyone interacted with the M2 sport chassis with the 9L cummins? Dad burnt a hole in the EGR cooler on our 2017 :ford::doh: F-450 this weekend hauling 14 head in the 36' gooseneck. 2nd Ford truck the farm has ate in 5 years has got the little brother looking at medium duty trucks. Don't think I'll convince them to buy a Ram:soap: but at least they're starting to think the right way.

What do you want to know about them? I am very familiar with the engine side and been around the chassis a decent amount. Very reliable engine and not bad trucks for what they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We fight the chassis/body control module constantly on our M2. Lights won't work, ABS problems, just a PITA.

We sold our M2 last week, never again.
Chris

Austin,
Just looking into what general problems there are with the truck. Can't see justifying 100K+ on something that will be more of a headache than it's worth. It'll be pulling at 36+ foot cattle trailer constantly. I need something that'll be reliable & not leave me running 3 hour rescue missions in my "POS Ram" that's never left me walking.

We have three of them at work all identical with 9L Cummins. They are 2016-2018 model years and we have had two issues. On the 2018 the passenger window came off track and the factory tail light harness had a loose ground and some corroded wire. I’m not a huge fan of the comfort level inside but most of the guys like them.

Back