View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
It works amazingly well.

Retarding the timing helps with spool as well right, however the engine runs like crap, smokes more.

This way, the first half shot has good advance and establishes ignition, the second half comes in too late to contribute to combustion in the cylinder and burns up late driving the turbine.

Its the same reason the third gens spool better, thats when the post injection event is active, I've watched it in the scope and its amazing how well it helps.

Those with third gens, if you've done it enough, if you give it just a little too much throttle, the post event shuts off, and spool will drop at that point or you might not even spool if your trying to push a large turbine.

The one side effect of course is heat, it don't take long to reach 1400, this is what is driving the turbine. Would you want to sit there for ten mins doing this no....but for a short stint staging no problem.

I see no reason why you couldn't drive the heat up to say your max egt's on a full bore run.

With the stand alone, I could just tick off points of timing with a single click of the keyboard while at RPM on the fly.....so it was less than a few mins to maximize the effect.

I'm thinking this could be done with efi live, have zero experience with it....but sounds like they can manipulate most everything. Not sure if they could bring up the post shot volume enough or not.

Maintaining the post shot at RPM would be the first step.