Got a marine p7100 pump ?'s

M249cummins

Picked up a marine p7100 pump off of Facebook for $300 and the guy knew nothing about it other than it was a marine application. The Id tag indicates it has 12mm plungers, normal rotation, p7xxx series. I believe it is a 919 pump.

Does anybody know the "hp" rating of this pump? What's with the weird looking governor? Oil supply look right?

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 0
I've been searching for hours and cant find one single pump that has an afc cover on it without the diaphram. I'm assuming you manually adjust the afc instead of by boost?

A marine engine works similarly to a tractor, they're made to run at a steady RPM and don't use an AFC. The pumps on our engines are made to run at a constantly varying RPM and therefore have a different governor and utilize the AFC.

Quite a few tractors have AFC. I have one with a valet switch. That pump has no AFC whatsoever, just a fuel plate. Based off the governor number, it's off either a 270 or 313 horse 8.3

Quite a few tractors have AFC. I have one with a valet switch. That pump has no AFC whatsoever, just a fuel plate. Based off the governor number, it's off either a 270 or 313 horse 8.3

I'm not far from scheids and Ill see what they have to say next week but until then I want to at least feel like I didn't get completely ripped off and know its at least useable. assuming the throttle linkage mounts up, put an oil line on it it, it should work? its going in a project offroad truck and plan to have it rebuilt before I run it anyway.

I always hear you shouldn't use 8.3 pumps because it could have 11mm b&p and 2 oil returns? the tag says it has 12mm b&p's what about the oil lines. this is the first p7100 pump ive seen in my life lol, my truck is a vp44.

8.3 pumps normally oil through a galley in the front gear housing, and normally aren't drilled and tapped for a external line

Back