6.4l ford in a tug of war with a little of everything

Been a ford man for a long time , however the last crewcab powerstoke I owned I could not keep it out of the shop! Had a few F-350 gassers that gave good service working on the beach around alot of saltwater. Just my2cts.

I'd rather have a 34k dollar POS than a 48k dollar POS that can't get out of it's own way and will be dead by 150k. My 99' has 152k on it right now and I'll gurantee you won't find a 7.3L that is still all oringinal minus the injectors and turbo that makes the kind of power my truck does. Not to mention being able to tow ANYTHING I hook to it with out the bumper dragging the ground.

There is a good bit of Fords around home with over 150k still running on the stock turbos and injectors that still run good. :poke:

There is a good bit of Fords around home with over 150k still running on the stock turbos and injectors that still run good. :poke:

Around here, just about everyone has learned their lessons with the fords just as I have. Around here it's a cummins world.

Around here, just about everyone has learned their lessons with the fords just as I have. Around here it's a cummins world.

A few people down here went to different brands after some bad early 6.0 experiences, but most are back in Fords now and glad of it. I know I am.

i wish i would have had a passenger today i past a 6.0 pullin a 2 car gooseneck with two cars on going up 95 right outside baltimore. i had my 40' kaufman with a 18K sinker and i was behind him thinking he only has about 10-12K and he was dogging going up the hill at about 50mph in a 65. it was a black crewcab LB with a little lift. i just dropped a gear and went around him listening to the truckers ***** at him on the CB. LOL boost never hit over 30 psi and egts were at 1100. my truck is a 95 with 220,000 on the clock. the new 6.4's tow nice but damn do they suck the fuel down.QUICK.

Back