View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #1338
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Well, I actually got the truck into the shop sunday, but haven't touched it yet. Been busy playing catch-up with a bunch of things around the house and farm I'd been neglecting or putting off while trying to get the truck ready for a race.

The shop is pretty clean now, still need to clean off and reorganize a couple of areas still but it looks so much better and all the tools are put up again.

In the last 2 weeks, I've picked over 20 gallons of tomatos from the garden and gotten them frozen. Freezers are filling up fast with them and other food stuff from the garden. Need to start making sauces and salsas soon out of them or I won't have room for anything else. Also made 27 pints of bread and butter pickles, 36 pints of spicy pickles and 9 pints of kosher dill pickles so far. Did 36 pints tonight. Finished up my wifes new flowerbed with mulch and some more perennials. Picked up some cactus's for a truck planter I bought my wife that we couldn't get flowers to grow in cause it wouldn't hold enough moisture, cactus's are doing good.

Built 2 digital picture frames for my wife and installed a Nas with 7.2 TB of storage that I can expand up to 20 TB with Raid 5. Wanted to get her a couple of large digital picture frames, but the size I was looking at were almost 500.00 each. I built these for a little over 200 each using 24" dell infinity edge monitors and raspberry pi 3's single board computers. Unlike most digital picture frames, these are connected to my network with the built in wifi and I mapped a directory on the nas to each pi. My wife can now just copy pictures out to the designated folder on the Nas that corresponds to the digital picture frame and the pi code will pick up new pictures every hour. Today I added the crontab settings to turn the monitors off at 11pm and turn them back on at 6am.

After getting tools put away tonight, I finally got around to fixing a set of outlets on my workbench that had a cell charger melt down in them. Had to replace the hot wire to and from that outlet box, but it's all working great now.

Mater's
Click the image to open in full size.

some pickles

cactus truck

just a little charred

shop cleaned up

digital picture frames, one horizontal, one vertical

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters