Rear suspension 1998 Ram 2500

Justappumped24v

Looking to see if anyone has used 1500 rear leafs in a 2500 for drag racing purposes want to stay in super street. If not how many leaves do people run out of a 2500 leaf pack. Another question. Is it worth making both shocks run on the back of the axle or is it better to leave them opposing in the stock setup

I used 1500 rear springs, had to change out the frame hangers, been awhile but I think the width was less. I tried with 2 leads and caltracs, it was to soft, added the third leaf back and worked well. This was on a 2wd truck so don't know if this is any help.

I would suggest just running the 1 main leaf and what ever height block needed to make your desired ride height. Then add a set of nice double adjustable coil overs and caltracs.

I could be wrong but since my truck was factory leaf springs I have to stay the same and cannot use coil overs

False, as long as you have one leaf spring you can run what ever else you want with it. I know of a Team who was planning on running a carbon fiber dummy leaf spring in a ladder bar set up just to squeak by but still technically be within the rules. I don't think they ever did it though.

Ok well that's good to know for the future thank you! As of right now balling on a budget so leaf springs and good shocks and ladder bars is gonna have to work

Went a 1.43 60ft this year with all the springs removed except 2 and parralel qa1 double adjustables shocks.

Back