Highest horsepower , yet streetable ?

Mazak

What is the highest horsepower one can have and yet maintain streetability ?
Automatic, 4x4 , all fuel.

Depends on your definition of streetable. There's guys that street drive well over 1000hp. Maddog towed with 1000+hp 12v 15 years ago iirc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I daily my 6.4 cummins. It’s around 1000hp on a single s475. It’s very streetable. Since engine completion 8/26/2017 I have a little over 5k miles on it. Obviously not anywhere near the highest horsepower but is nice to drive and fun on the street.

Are you asking max hp for track or pull use while still daily driving, or max you can realistically still have traction driving around? For multi purpose, compounds and EFI live give you lots of atreetability, but In my opinion anything over 750 gets sketchy in 2wd on dry pavement.

Are you asking max hp for track or pull use while still daily driving, or max you can realistically still have traction driving around? For multi purpose, compounds and EFI live give you lots of atreetability, but In my opinion anything over 750 gets sketchy in 2wd on dry pavement.

Max hp for track use while still daily driving.
What kind of HP range can you have on a motor with EFI live when using 5 settings ?

Did you know that a 1000hp truck can be neutered on a dyno to
500hp and a 500hp truck can be pushed into glory by breaking 4 figures. Street what your wallet can handle and what you as a human can pursued in between the yellow lines. Every truck is different and everybodys streetability indifferent.

Max hp for track use while still daily driving.
What kind of HP range can you have on a motor with EFI live when using 5 settings ?

Here is a graph from my 2012. Things have changed so now it's at 1172 for tune 5.

IMG_1242_zpsgbhqdpct.jpg

It all depends on your tuning and your right foot. I daily my truck on a small single and 850hp with no issue. As others have stated above there are guys who daily their trucks well into the 4 digit power ranges. I know Les (2007 5.9) has daily driven his 6.4 truck in 4 digit power for a few years now.

we have the technology. with PC based tuning you can daily drive well over 1khp all day long. they days of bully dog and edge boxes are over. hardway is cranking out 1200hp 4th gens all day long as daily drivers...

we have the technology. with PC based tuning you can daily drive well over 1khp all day long. they days of bully dog and edge boxes are over. hardway is cranking out 1200hp 4th gens all day long as daily drivers...

What tranny is being used on these trucks ?

Take a word of advice, a real 6-700rwhp truck is a lot of fun,reliable, and easily built. People get too hung up on #s. Ask anyone who had had a truck like that and went bigger , they want the old one back.

Werd^. On the stock motor is all about "how much power can I make" Once you build the motor its all about "800hp is plenty. I don't ever wanna build it again" haha

Take a word of advice, a real 6-700rwhp truck is a lot of fun,reliable, and easily built. People get too hung up on #s. Ask anyone who had had a truck like that and went bigger , they want the old one back.

I sure don’t want my 600hp truck back. This is competition diesel! Go big or go home.

My big compounds are way more fun than a single 66. lol, I don’t have numbers but mid 900hp with the plate slid all the way back and super clean full throttle is a blast. Just gotta get a loose converter, that solves a lot of drive ability problems with big turbo setups. At least this is my experience only having built my own mechanically injected truck over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled a very heavy load almost 2 weeks ago, with a stock 2004-1/2 1 ton Dually automatic.
Why do we need 12 valves, again? :hehe:

Mark.

Back