View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
Macktruckdriver

Name: Macktruckdriver
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
"Stubby" My 10 second Street/drag truck build

Well I usually don't do much for build threads as I never get pics to work but think I got it figured out.

This is my build I've wanted for years and finally am making it happen. I'm building a 10 second Street/drag truck that will be a regular cab short box 2wd. I started with a 94 regular cab long box 2wd 5spd 12v from Mark Nixon that was clean. I just started a few weeks ago and figure this will be a long process. As of today I've got the frame shortened, box fitted, cab gutted, driveline out and have it down to the frame and power washed today.

Click the image to open in full size.

The motor was bad and why I started with this. Has a almost new DD Valair clutch, upgraded hydros. Motor has I think 60lb spring, full cut DVs, 7x.011 injectors, rack plug, not sure on gsk buy had a stock hx35. Somewhere along the way it droped a valve or something and #2 is trashed. The cylinder somehow looks like it might just clean up with a hone.

I plan to keep this updated along the way. Have not yet decided on 12v or CR swap. I will be building a 4x4 47re I have will full manual VB and either replace the tail to make it 2wd or run the stubby conversion from suncoast.