Fitting a Mack rack plug

Well....I've done it! once I got that bottom bolt loose with a rachet spanner it was a piece of cake! disconnect 3 pipes undo 2 bolts fit plug job done, sorry for a BS post...:wrong:

now for the real important info,how much more beneficial is the plug compared to the stock one,what did you notice etc..

now for the real important info,how much more beneficial is the plug compared to the stock one,what did you notice etc..

x2 hve one in the house i need to put on but never have seen any thing on how much differance it made over stock plug

I'm not able to give you any idea how good a plug is because I've done injectors & turbo at the same time...

where are the numbers on the pump. i would like to know if i have a 913 pump thanks

IIRC around the forward throttle linkage.

It can be hard to see without removing some things so you can also pull a delivery valve holder and delivery valve to look at the top of the plunger. If you have a v shaped (v sides with a flat valey) notch on the top of the plunger it is a 215 pump. If it's flat with two notches 180 degrees apart it's a non-215 pump.

so if you have a 215 pump, does the mack plug not help any?

In my experience with 26* do it if you don't mind blacking out the sun. It will pull harder for sure. I did have a large single which benefited from the extra fuel. I tried it around 20-22 with the turbonetics t66 and it sucked badly.

sspeedemonss, sorry that i asked a question that was only commented on previously. didn't know that only two peoples opinion applied. guess EVERYBODY has the same result seeing how every truck is the same and all. thanks for all of the incredible advise. man your awesome

sspeedemonss, sorry that i asked a question that was only commented on previously. didn't know that only two peoples opinion applied. guess EVERYBODY has the same result seeing how every truck is the same and all. thanks for all of the incredible advise. man your awesome

I don't think Garrett was trying to be a d*ck to you even if it sounded that way.

I'm running 26* and have been for almost a year on the stock cam. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with any amount of timing on any cam as well.

I want to install a mack plug. I need to take my pump off and have it benched eventually, so I will install it then and save my timing case from the grinder. With my luck, I'm positive I would ruin the case if I tried to grind it.

Wheres the best place to pick a mack plug up at online. I plan on running a plate so I think it will be benificial to me.

Back