Lavon..... Wow

Remember, this is a "Utah" dry pebble sand track with some silty clay mixed in, it's never going to hook up like those beautiful red-clay Midwest pulling tracks...

I'm not a puller so don't trust my pulling track surface information for the track they plan to use for UCC, you'd have to call a local puller to gain insight on that particular pulling track's dirt composition.

Two years ago we were one of two 3.0 trucks running a Rockwell reared in a field of trucks running aam and Dana housings in United Truck And Tractor Pullers. United pulls Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada. I don't recal anyone ever eating a rear end and everyone in the class ran duals. Virtually everyone in the class ran STS, or BFG's. We ran STS' all the way around the majority of the season and won several hooks by 50', switched too more aggressive mud tire and went from back to back wins to next to last. The last hook of the year was Weekend on the Edge and we won it with BFG's all the way around when most everyone else had STS'.

Last edited:
No matter where the pull track is STS' will be a great tire if not the best option. If the track is at RMR, STS tires will do well. In 2012 at RMR I had the farthest pull of the entire Rocky Mountain Diesel Shootout on STS'. I just wouldn't turn them over 40 mph or it'll just spin and not go far. We always left with lots of rpm and held 5800 down the track, ~38.9 mph wheel speed, and off the clutch in 50' or less and did really well.

Last edited:
Yeah there's a fine line where all a more aggressive tire does it pile more dirt in front on the pan and just stop you sooner. The crap tracks out west are the main reason I think these type of one off, best of the best events should be held in the Midwest. I mean if you're expecting the best trucks to come compete, give the best to compete on, good dyno, great race track, and great pulling track, all worked by people who know what there doing, probably not the local fair board.

Yeah there's a fine line where all a more aggressive tire does it pile more dirt in front on the pan and just stop you sooner. The crap tracks out west are the main reason I think these type of one off, best of the best events should be held in the Midwest. I mean if you're expecting the best trucks to come compete, give the best to compete on, good dyno, great race track, and great pulling track, all worked by people who know what there doing, probably not the local fair board.

Find some midwest sponsors to put on this type of competition. The folks who are putting it on are from this area. All the trucks have to pull on the same track, it may not be pretty but it is equally bad for all of them.

Find some midwest sponsors to put on this type of competition. The folks who are putting it on are from this area. All the trucks have to pull on the same track, it may not be pretty but it is equally bad for all of them.
Yeah, I completely understand, it sucks for everyone. I'm sure if it's a successful event, that some of the other big players in the industry may consider backing a version for themselves.
It'd be cool to see firepunk do it!

Firepunk
Fleece
TS

All in the Midwest
Maybe add Haisley Machine to the list. Would say Sheid, but that already have an event. Maybe it could be something similar to hot rod power tour or something. Haisley host the pull, Firepunk the dyno, and maybe some other shop could do the racing, maybe Fleece, think they race.

Just add too be clear that this is all just merely conjecture on my part. Not trying to volunteer anyone for anything. Just my personal ramblings.

Last edited:
Firepunk
Fleece
TS

All in the Midwest

Like Ken said....convince them to put this event on. East or west doesn't matter. I.don't see them doing it. No disrespect to the Midwest or east coast crowd.....but don't bitch if you can't convince someone in that area to do it. Everyones running the same track and pull field

We were in the preliminary stages of seeing if we could organize a drag week style event when ultimate callout challenge was announced. Maybe in the future.

We were in the preliminary stages of seeing if we could organize a drag week style event when ultimate callout challenge was announced. Maybe in the future.[/QUOTE

That would be fun- several classes like DW, and fines for those who enter, back out, re-enter, back out and re-entrer again.

We were thinking two classes- single turbo no drugs and unlimited. Would like to keep it fairly open and have the first event be a qualifier, maybe time trials at a track and the top 20 of each class move on? Idk, seems like any way you do it some deserving trucks feel left out

Who is this Lavon kid? Guy makes a couple of Labor Day videos and a few years later blows up the world!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXcXZm6iC0c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXcXZm6iC0c[/ame]

Back