One wire alternator

slownoma

Anyone running a simple one wire alternator? Looking for ideas and part numbers if your willing to share.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

I put one on my first gen from PA performance. They’re kind of cashy but a life time warranty. After doing some research, a good electrical shop can convert them to self exciting.

^^ He’s correct. A good alternator or starter repair shop can set you up. Or provide you with a match for what you need.

Convert the o.e. one? I was thinking of getting a gm 10si. 95$ didnt seem all that bad. Ill also need to make my own brackets and figure out a short belt..

Had mine done a yr or so ago, other than the truck still occasionally thinking its overcharging, its been trouble free. I've checked with a meter while the gauge was pegged to confirm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a single wire alternator on both of my trucks, I think they were $50 or $80 at carquest. They came with v-belt pulleys so I just swapped it from my stock alternator, modded the brackets some and ran the wire. Just have to make sure the belt tracks straight!

I have a single wire alternator on both of my trucks, I think they were $50 or $80 at carquest. They came with v-belt pulleys so I just swapped it from my stock alternator, modded the brackets some and ran the wire. Just have to make sure the belt tracks straight!

Care to share what part number you ended up using?

I went ahead and ordered a 10si from summit and the pig tail. Thank you for all the ideas and replies guys. Id need a different belt anyway. So brackets and belt will be determined.

Back