View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
95cummins5.9

Name: 95cummins5.9
Title: Old man ***** gossiper
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
I got a call from buddy the other night who attempted to put some 4K springs in his sons truck. He said he was having issues with the truck not wanting to idle and if you put it in gear, even holding the rpms up to 1500 it would stall. I told him a couple things to try like adding a couple clicks and adjusting the idle screw, but none of it helped. So I run over to look at it and realized that he took the large idle spring out. I said there’s your problem. So I put the idle springs back in and tightened them one soft click and three hard clicks and left. He had to go to work so I left he said he would put it the rest of the way back together. He calls me the next day and says the problem is still there. I go run over and I tried adjusting them every way I could think of. Nothing made a difference. I came home and researched for the problem and found a lot of people were having the same trouble with the pac brake spring kit. I told him to pull them out and put the stock ones back in. He calls me today and he says it’s still doing the same thing even with the stock springs. I’m at a lose here. I have installed about ten sets of these spring kits and never had a ounce of trouble. Nothing looks bent. He said there wasn’t no shims in it. I noticed there was shims under the large idle spring, is all I found. I doubt think he actually took the measurement like the directions said, so I can’t go back on that. I hate working on stuff after somebody has messed with it. I’m just trying to help a ok pulling buddy out. Sorry so long maybe somebody has seen this before.
Possibly lost the large shim, its probably flying around in the governor housing right now. If that's the case pull it out before it hangs good