View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
4bt bowtie

Name: 4bt bowtie
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the quick replies, I posted a similar thread on 4btswaps.com and it took weeks to hear anything and none of the replies were very helpful.
I don't know exactly what the specs are for the POD injectors as far as orifice size, quantity etc., but where would I find the injectors mentioned by LReiff? I am guessing they would be a custom order, or am I wrong? Since the head will be at the machine shop any way for new valve guides, would it be worth the $$$ to have it ported, and or polished, If nothing else at least on the exhaust side to help with turbo spool up?

I checked out the Colt Cams website and could not find an actual 4bt cam offered other than the custom cam made for the SBC rail. I also checked out the Hamilton cam which I like, would I need to upgrade the valve springs since I am not running large amounts of boost or excessively high RPM?

I've read other builds where people used the HY35 turbo and a consistent issue I've seen mentioned is higher EGT's with the HY versus the HX35. Has anyone seen this same problem? If I used the Hamilton 188-220 cam and had the head ported and polished, would this compensate for the larger turbine on the HX35 and limit turbo lag similar to what the HY would have?

I have also heard of a hybrid turbo that uses a stock non-waste gated H1C turbo from an early model dodge then replace the turbine housing with smaller 9cm 2 housing. Supposedly this set up has quicker spool up than the HY35 due to the smaller impeller used in the 4bt turbo. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks again for the input.