WAYNES WORLD

Name: WAYNES WORLD
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Eyebrow cylinder

Guys,

I talked to the machine shop about this---------

This is their reply------

Good to talk to you today, as we discussed the eyebrow is not a issues in this application because the cylinder is going to distort in use, the only way to fix this would be to hone the block until it is gone and then it would have excessive clearance and the rings would not seat well in that case or bore the cylinder bigger and put oversize pistons in it, the downside to that is the cylinder wall will be thinner and this engine has a problem with breaking cylinder anyway, so this is the lesser of all the evils is leave the eyebrow there, we have seen this a number of times at several different power levels and it is not an issue and that is why the decision was made to let it be like it is.

Thank you, if you have any other questions please let me know

So it looks like the cylinders will stay this way due to flexing in the cylinder walls would be weakened by a .020 bore. It would give way to thinner walls flexing which would promote failure.

WAYNES WORLD