New dual friction dual disc

sb clutch

Comp Diesel Sponsor
sdd-df_announcement.jpg

• We at South Bend Clutch heard the call for the organic dual disc clutch but wanted to offer the best in both durability and drive-ability. How do we achieve that? In our 50 years of experience we knew that running an all organic dual disc would have it’s problems. The intermediate (center) plate is approximately ½” thick whereas the pressure plate and flywheel castings are three times that. Running two friction surfaces on one thin casting will increase the temperature to that casting. Organic burn point is approximately 550 degrees whereas ceramic can reach 1100 degrees. The immediate engagement points when the clutch is released for takeoff are the outside points of a dual disc clutch, pressure plate and flywheel. Being that there is only one friction surface running to these two points, and the fact that the pressure plate and flywheel castings are much thicker than the center plate, the temperatures cannot reach that of the center plate. This is why organic will work to the pressure plate and flywheel and not to the center plate.
• We at South Bend Clutch feel we have reached a milestone in the clutch industry and hope that you will enjoy our hard work at being the industry leader in research and development of clutches for the diesel market.

wish you would have done this about 2 months earlier, i would have tested the first one

im a fan of the dual friction technology

Saw this post and wanted to stop by and chime in on my experiences with the new dual friction 3250 in my G56 500hp daily driver. I have been running it for about 5K miles, over the last 2 months, and have driven and installed more than I can count of the old 3250GK's. Pete has really done his homework on the linings with this clutch. I have not been easy on it, by any means, and it has performed flawlessly. Extremely smooth engagement along with being quiet. We have towed heavy with it, and even backing up loaded in sand, it continues to return extremely smooth engagement. I absolutely love it, and it will remain in my truck now that the beta testing is done. If anybody has any questions you are more than welcome to give me a ring. Jeremy 936-337-4333

Last edited:
Jeremy,

I cannot thank you enough for the R&D. I wanted a real truck with real numbers in the real world with honest no BS feedback and you were the first person that came to mind.
You have never steered me wrong and never held your punches. That is exactly what companies like us need. I've now got around 500 units in trucks and the reports have been awesome.

Peter

I just installed one of these in a G56 last week. Quiet,quiet, quiet and super smooth engagement. Absolutely no floater plate noise. Made me jealous with my sfi 3600 in my nv5600. Great job Peter.

i have a 97 2500 that i installed the 3250 twin kit wth stock input shaft in last dec 2011, and i can say it has awesome holding power, but it take twice as long shift and is a bear to get into reverse and reverse is really jerky almost to the point that i try not to back up much, and now i snapped the input, so i think i prefur the drivablity of a single and i will be cutting the power which i would say is 400/900 atw, anybody have any recomendations and i will be sell the 3250 kit that i might have 2000k miles on

i was just thinking about getting one of these and asking for some follow up and bamm look at that got what i needed, how do i get in contact with you, i would love to buy one

Well I pulled my tranny nv4500 out of my 97 tonight and only thing busted was my input, going to upgade shaft and clutch so i am selling the south bend twin 3250 clutch kit for the 1.25 input, complete with less than 12 hundred miles, paid 1250 for it last dec, anyone interseted i will sell it for 900 obo, 717 five 04 thee823 Rick

Well I pulled my tranny nv4500 out of my 97 tonight and only thing busted was my input, going to upgade shaft and clutch so i am selling the south bend twin 3250 clutch kit for the 1.25 input, complete with less than 12 hundred miles, paid 1250 for it last dec, anyone interseted i will sell it for 900 obo, 717 five 04 thee823 Rick

My clutch recently broke, the disc was worn out.
I got my clutch kit from for $140. I just ordered it online.
Should have seen this post earlier. I just got it a month ago.

Back