pressure drop

12vcummins96

lovin those huffers
i have an airdog 2 165
at wot i see almost 30 psi drop in pressure is there anything i can do to fix this
plus i have replaced 3 pumps
voltage at the pump is 13.7

What was the reason for going thru 3 pumps? With that kind of psi drop i would assume your getting a clog in the tank that is killing volume.

the pressure would drop off of all three of them and then the motors would quit
ive checked my drawstraw in the sending unit is clear of any obstructions
ive been thinking of getting a sump to see if that helps

I have a 165 too and it drops pressure more than I would like. I am on my second motor also. watching this.

Last edited:
I don't know what all you have done to your truck but it sounds like your to the point of needing more fuel than the airdog can handle, hence the pressure drop...

are the regulators you are using a boost reference style? pressure check before regulator or after? is the air dog at max pressure set up?

Mine drops from about 23-24 down to 10 or less. Even just cruising down the highway at 74 it can't keep it above 20psi. I'm on my original ad motor, but I think there is something wrong with it. Valair has a similar truck to mine with jus slightly larger inj. And his pump holds 25psi at idle drops no lower than 20psi at idle and his starts recovering. If I'm in the throttle only thing it will do is drop. I'm going tof email pure flow. I pmed Kyle at airdog to no response...

I don't know what all you have done to your truck but it sounds like your to the point of needing more fuel than the airdog can handle, hence the pressure drop...

my setup is
180 pump no plate 5k gsk smokem special dvs rack plug 5x14s
compounded with a 63/68 over a hx60

Idk if bypassing my stock canister filter will fix this big pressure drop. I'm going to try it this summer.

I gave up on my airdog 165. Sump fed and regulated post pump. Still had huge pressure drops, have gone to an a1000 and 0 issues. Rock steady pressure at 45 now more if I want.

They had a problem with the seal between the pump and motor, if you pull the motor off and its wet inside, then thats probably the issue. Mine is set at 27 and doesn't drop below 23 at WOT, I have a 10mm cp3 and 200 hp sticks running a df165

I have the same pump set up as the OP and currently smaller injectors. Im running a airdog II 200 fed by a sump and a 60 hp torktek return. It drops 2-4 psi from 35-60 at idle. Did the same thing with 5x20.

I'm seeing the same pressure drop from 50psi down to 30 with my AD165. I am using a fuel sump and Tork Tek OFV. Time for a better pump! Looking towards an A1000 with regulated return.

Back