Looking in buying a new CTD

Full Pull3

Go Gators
I recently sold my 05 cummins for a healthy price. I've been looking into getting another diesel truck I really want to get an 06,07 5.9 mega cab Cummins but getting hard-to-find with low miles.
I've been looking at the 214 cummins trucks the 1 ton and the 3/4 ton I drove a few of them they drove nice for stocks trucks. I just don't want the DEF EGR DPF stuff. it's hard to build power when you have all that crap on your motor.
If you delete all that stuff it's just going to totally kill the warrantee and the resale unless you put it all back which is a pain in the neck I don't know what to do any suggestions?
I haven't done a bunch of homework on it yet it's all still new but I wonder if there are any companies out there making programmers or deletes for these trucks yet. my buddy has a 212 and he did all that emissions delete and just recently sold it but it seems to run good but he spent a boatload of money to get the darn thing to fully deleted. so I wonder if it's even worth it , or to stick to the initial plan 06,07.

Last edited:
I really like the 4th gens. The 13 and new with def get better mileage then the 2010-2012.

I deleted my 2012 3500 dually. I picked up about 3 mpg empty and just over 1 mpg towing. Power gain was very noticeable. Cost was about $3500 using Torque Technologies Tuner.

Good luck in your decision!!

I don't blame you. I think my 3500 will get replaced with either a 2500 mega cab Laramie limited or a powerwagon. The 6.4's are getting 12-14 mpg around town, and up to 16 on highway. That's better then my 3500.... And $.30-.50 cheaper fuel!

You know what's messed up
I was given an 06 chevy aveo Lt from my folks it was their tow car from their motor home.
They no longer used it they gave it to us.
50k miles AC and auto.
I drive it to work it only cost me 30$ a month for fuel.
I drive 30 miles a day.
Now that's crazy fuel savings. My 05 CTD was 130$ Every 2 weeks in fuel.

I spent 16 years in the army as a tank operator.
I can't see not driving a diesel but that 6.4 hemi will tow everything I have and then some.
My wife wants me to get a diesel but 49k$ for a tradsman base model
Wth!!!

I don't blame you. I think my 3500 will get replaced with either a 2500 mega cab Laramie limited or a powerwagon. The 6.4's are getting 12-14 mpg around town, and up to 16 on highway. That's better then my 3500.... And $.30-.50 cheaper fuel!

Plus it costs half or less to fix what breaks engine/trans wise! Fuel is at least .50 higher here than gas. Most times closer to .75.

You know what's messed up
I was given an 06 chevy aveo Lt from my folks it was their tow car from their motor home.
They no longer used it they gave it to us.
50k miles AC and auto.
I drive it to work it only cost me 30$ a month for fuel.
I drive 30 miles a day.
Now that's crazy fuel savings. My 05 CTD was 130$ Every 2 weeks in fuel.

So, based on $3.25/gal gas and $3.75/gal diesel, your Aveo gets 65mpg and your truck gets 8.65mpg?

No since your checking math!
I only drive that chevy car to and from work.
I would do the same with my diesel and then some.
You really can't compare them both there like apples and oranges I was just saying how much fuel costs have gone up and how much cheaper it is to run a gas vehicle so you can critique this if you'd like to I don't care I have better things to do with my time so have fun with it and enjoy yourself

Back