View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #67
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
Not starting a pissing match just saying, most every ss out there can be picked up and spun by one person. The ss trucks have a lot bigger weight bias to the front than the 3.6s trucks at 7800..... A few 3.6 trucks you can do that but the ss seem to be a lot more frequent..... if you watch the ones that are bad about hoping the front tires, it's very easy to see the problem. And it's not weight over the front tires.
Your statement is more than fair and I don't disagree.

I think the weight limit is fine where it's at and my argument is not to reduce it. There are certainly trucks that come out and run pretty smooth just about every time (Atley, Deeters...etc). If you reduce it 500# I think you will just see more trucks not being able to get down a good pass.

One of the things I like most about SS is it's no longer a "who's got the most power" class. It's a drivers (and set-up) class and it should stay that way but be careful making rule changes and still make it a spectator worthy class. I have been hearing complaints for years that it takes forever for the trucks to get into the throttle. Even with the unlimited mods they are in it sooner than SSD 4x4 on most tracks.