SFI Spec Changes for Prostreet? Is 2016 the perfect storm?

So how does everyone think this should be dealt with in eliminations?

So it's an index class until final race?

That sure sounds familiar. Didn't the DHRA run a class like that?

When I had my truck certified last month I was told by the certifier that 25.6 is almost finished up and they plan to publish it sometime mid year.

What were we trying to prove with that video?
Not really proving anything other than these trucks have so much mass and inertia that even at lower speeds the accidents can be really bad if something goes wrong. In saying that 1/8 mile is inherently safer than 1/4 mile just do to the speed difference.

Not really proving anything other than these trucks have so much mass and inertia that even at lower speeds the accidents can be really bad if something goes wrong. In saying that 1/8 mile is inherently safer than 1/4 mile just do to the speed difference.

What the old man said.

Its like all the past years of guys running sub 11.5 without a roll bar, competing at national diesel events. Everyone just looked the other way and nothing was said.

A 4500-5000lb truck that is certified and has the safety equipment for 8.50s, technically is safer on the track running 8.30s (outside of its SFI certification) then a 7000lb truck running 10.8s without a roll bar.

I think for ODSS Pro street, everyone is in the same boat, if there is not a SFI spec to build to legally for sub 8.50s at 4500lbs, we focus on a certified to 8.50 chassis and rock out.

Lavon

Don't forget all the people running 9's with no licence...

Back