Greetings from Finland

NrentoFin

Hi,

Used to have for daily drive a -05 Chevy Silverado with Duramax. But now my purpose here is to get more info from VGT turbos. I used to be parts manager for Cummins here and so the stock Holsets came quite familiar.
My daily drive now is Audi A5 Quattro with the 3.0 TDI. Have to say best car I have had and with the new hybrid turbo and freeflow exhaust it's just pure fun. From Travemunde (Germany) to Le Mans (France) it took us under 9 hours travel 1200km averagin just shy 140km/h and tops around 260km/h :)

Our new project is a Quattro S1E2 rallycar and I want to see how we can get the 341ve or 351ve working in 2.2 gasolin engine. The engine has been blueprinted to rev up to 10 000rpm and the head + intake flow na 300hp. To achive the power goal 1000hp with wide power band the looks are on the VGT units. We are lucky that our MAXXECU unit can controll the holset actuator, so this should be interesting.

Here is the daily driver on the ice:

JääRadalle.com Hyvinkää 11.2.2017 - YouTube

And link to what we are building:

Audi Sport quattro E2 - YouTube

cheers

Tuomo

Welcome to CompD. Sounds like a very interesting project. If controlled properly I think it could make a very nice powerband. But I haven’t messed with them at all, and a lot of people still replace them for a fixed vane turbo when wanting big horsepower

Back