View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
D45

Name: D45
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Doghouse Diesel Performance

But, talk with Rich at Dog House, because you may need a spacer for your lifted truck, not certain

"For manual transmissions, this will only fit trucks with the G56 transmission. Trucks with the NV5600 have reported that the drive shaft is approx 2" too long and bottoms out on the slip yoke."

"For 2003 - 2004 trucks, you MUST insure that you have the HO motor and 11.5" rear axle. These drive shafts WILL NOT work with the SO motor and the 10.5" rear end"

1-Piece Aluminum Drive Shaft for 03 - 09 Cummins

With my 4.5" lift, there was plenty of room in the splines/slip yoke

I ordered mine about 4:00 PM last Tuesday and it was at my house at 12:30 PM last Friday......this thing is oh so beautiful!

Install took less than one hour.....

I removed the four bolts securing the shaft at the axle end and placed a jack stand under the stock shaft

I then removed the two bolt for the carrier bearing and placed the shaft on another jackstand

I then slide the front of the shaft out of the tcase and used a hard rubber mallet to smack the flange, at the axle end (rusted)

I then removed the four bolts for the carrier bearing mounting bracket and slid the new shaft in place

I cannot believe how frigin heavy the stock shaft is, compared to the Mopar aluminum shaft

With my small lift, there were not any issues with the front stub shaft and the splines

Enjoy the pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

The trucks accelerates very smooth, day and night difference

I looked at the rubber support on the carrier bearing and it looked good installed on the truck. However, once it was remove, it was completely rotted away, and was shot
04, 20" BMF SOTA/37" Toyo MT, 6" Lift, MBRP 5", GDP Air Boss, GDP Power-Flow, GDP Grid Delete, IceBox Intake, Air Dog 150, ATS Pulse Flow Manifold, BD Special, SMARTY, ARP Studs, T&C WILD Fuel Rail, T&C CPRV, II 85% CP3, II 100HP Nozzles, Built 48RE Trans