How about Larson this weekend??

So I'm nosey and curious....

Turn key for someone out the door what's the coin purse got to hold for similar build?

If you had to pic a current favorite that you built.....

UCC truck or this...

Turn key build would be in the 200k range? If you add the pit coolers, pro jacks, spare tires, etc it all adds up quickly for sure with the big ticket items of a 11.5 mark Williams rear, Rossler TH400, Neal Chance converter, Bosch ECU, DDU9, PBX powerbox, injectors/cp3x2, menscer shocks and struts, Enforcer Engine, GT55 turbo, and a few months of fabrication Labor for the chassis, body mounting, custom firewall etc. We did have extra labor in the truck because it started as a Gas truck with a 7.50 cage and we had to cut out and add dual frame rails, etc. I think we'd have been time ahead to start over.

Favorite build, I'd like to redo the ucc build with what we know now, I love that build but have things driving me nuts knowing how much better the bosch powerbox would help the wiring and control, but can't say I favor one build over the other. Once you invest that much time into a project, you like it, because it's a representation of your hard work.

For race day the pro mod is less hassle and more fun. More tuning then wrenching, where the 4x4 always seems to be more wrenching than tuning.

Lavon

This many years later a TH400 and 13" conv is still the best combo, at least to the 330' anyway. Rossler really stepped up their game since back then. I broke a Lot of their early hard parts but today they have their game down, obviously. And of course Chances lock ups are hands down the best available for this. I ran old fluid coupling junk with massive slip percentages. Good job guys, yall have that thing setup right. Congrats!
Ryan

Well, they just trapped over 200mph!!

Attachments

• 42792818_10154980351577168_8133201340177317888_n.jpg
    42792818_10154980351577168_8133201340177317888_n.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
Video is up now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HuYuTXwalw"]FIREPUNK ODSS prep and Licensing 6.94@202mph - YouTube[/ame]

6.94/202 vs. 6.95/195......

Besides day vs night, anything else change to keep the time yet lose 7mph?
Pure speculation, but they may have been changing tune ups with what the track would take?

Diesel pro mods have come a long way from when Keating started running single digits in that 90's Chevy. We're definitely still benefiting from those early pioneers.

6.94/202 vs. 6.95/195......

Besides day vs night, anything else change to keep the time yet lose 7mph?

He just let off early on the last pass, dew had fallen and the track guys told us not to take chances, if it felt questionable to let out. Since all we needed was a sub 7.50 pass to finish our licensing passes, he let out a hair early.

Lavon

He just let off early on the last pass, dew had fallen and the track guys told us not to take chances, if it felt questionable to let out. Since all we needed was a sub 7.50 pass to finish our licensing passes, he let out a hair early.

Lavon

Well congrats on the 202.

Mind sharing what kind of temps you were seeing for your intake and get?

Also you thinking a deep 6/ high 5 is attainable?

Yeah high bar, but look where things are now.

Any details on engine/trans setup ? From the bids I seen on YouTube it looked to be dry block. Any details?

Any details on engine/trans setup ? From the bids I seen on YouTube it looked to be dry block. Any details?

Their post above alludes to it being a D&J deckplate (I would assume dry block but just a guess). The same post also says its a Rossler (T400 assumed).

You need to wipe off those readers RD ;)

Though, we're all up for more details....

It is a D&J deckplate engine. Cast block, no water, not filled. The transmission is a Rossler Turbo 400 with 13" Neal Chance lockup converter.

Lavon

Back