Any Reputable 48RE Trans Builders in Texas ?

prostreeter600

Does anybody know of a trans builder in the Dallas Ft Worth Texas area that has experience building a 48RE that will hold up to 1400–1500 HP ? Somebody that will stand behind their work. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide me with .

It's not that bad to ship your trans, I went with a local shop by me and have waisted a yr and many broken parts. Should have shipped mine off at the start. Good luck

Firepunk?

Not in Texas.

If you're shipping, I'd say Firepunk, BD, and PDD based on track records, customer service, and how they all kept it together at UCC.

I've had really good luck with my Redline, but am nowhere near 1400hp.
Goerend can always make a very impressive transmission also.

As others mentioned. Ship the trans out and have it built by someone reputable in the industry.

The big builders have already been mentioned.

Wright Brothers Customs in Ft. Worth should be able to set you up with a trans. Idk if they build in house but they can get one.

At 1400 and I assume racing it, you'd be better off finding someone to teach you how to rebuild them, as there will inevitably be something that fails or burns up. I'd buy a valve body though.

Been hearing ALOT of good things about Redline. Especially being able to kick out a trans job fast, instead of sitting and waiting till your trans gets put on the list.......

At 1400 and I assume racing it, you'd be better off finding someone to teach you how to rebuild them, as there will inevitably be something that fails or burns up. I'd buy a valve body though.

this^^^^^^^

1400hp will require lots of frequent tear downs.

And if I go there I was planning on getting the new billet VB that CRT has just started selling along with every billet part available and a PTC quad disc converter.

X2

You really need to be able to freshen the trans up yourself if for no other reason, time. With that being said, if you have the money I would have a good shop (Firepunk) build the trans for your HP level first and then you can maintain it after that during the season. Then send it in during the off season for them to look over/refresh.

Back