Where did YOU learn to tune?

You'd be surprised how many "Well known" tuners did just that. Notice I didn't say "good"....you can be well known without being any good.

You should know, that I know. How else do you think I was able to start my side company, Tshirts, and Tuners, as a branch of The Stack Shack? "We don't judge, we'll help you oral SOOO hard!"

You should know, that I know. How else do you think I was able to start my side company, Tshirts, and Tuners, as a branch of The Stack Shack? "We don't judge, we'll help you oral SOOO hard!"

How could I forget...???

looking forward to the nest starlite class! Is the tuning manual they sell for $220 included in the class?

Yes it is.

I learned to tune during college on the FSAE car. Which has led to my career as a calibrator for a manufacturer.

Like many have stated above, modify tune, flash, drive, repeat.

Most importantly, take data, review the data, think about the data and make data driven decisions. There is a ton of good useful info out there. I believe Killer Bee Performance has a good tutorial on timing and fuel economy.

Is there anything you guys suggest to read online to sort of get your feet wet? I would like to attend class, but don't want to be in over my head either.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I went to Zachs class and got the basic understanding of how to use the tools there. There just isn't enough time during a weekend class to learn in depth stuff when there are lots of other people there. His training book is very detailed and shows a guy a good bit. When I was first starting I flashed, logged, flashed, logged...and tried not to make too many changes at once.

Starlite....Zach Fuller

10 years later and I still think EFILive is blackmagic. Thats why Im friends with people much smarter than me. ;)

I have gone through four different efi live tune dealers :poke:
Once they get my money customer service is bye bye. I am so sick of long distance, over email tuning :soap:

Zach do you have a dyno to do live tuning on? You're only 5-6 hrs away

I have gone through four different efi live tune dealers :poke:
Once they get my money customer service is bye bye. I am so sick of long distance, over email tuning :soap:

Zach do you have a dyno to do live tuning on? You're only 5-6 hrs away

That sucks! I guess I've been fortunate with the Tuner I use. My Geo Kicks Ass!

I certainly wouldn't consider myself a tuner, but I like to dabble. I'm very thamkful for a few pointers Rich, Les and Mike threw out there though on various sites. My initial instincts were to go the wrong direction on some things.

I'll throw this out their...

I remember a conversation I had with Jonathan at HPP and was asking originally about 5k tuning....

Then the topics of reading/ copying files.... he said that tuners have abilities to essentially patch in corruption file so if a user makes effort to steal the data it can brick the ecm.

Thoughts? Also why not? I mean afterall your just protecting your interests.

Back