which front cover?

kawi600

got Coal for Christmas
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a front cover that has a large opening for gear adjustment, and will accept stock and aftermarket dampers without pulley and belt modifications?

I have the JD diesel one. It fits stock balancer and belt fine.

Easy to adjust timing. I'd buy the same again.

I have Keating cover. Very happy with all the Keating Machine bling I have purchased.

the keating stuff is some serious bling. too much for my dirty engine bay.
looks like a smaller opening for the gear on the keating cover. is there enough room to work with the adjustable gear? I figured a larger opening would allow me to put a magnet under the thing to catch any bolts I drop.
EDIT: they have another model for a bit more $$ that has a really large opening for the gear. BUT it requires belt and pulley mods.
Crazy Carl has one from ZRM that will probably work:
Adjustable Front Timing Gear Cover

Last edited:
I’ve had the schieds and JDs cover. Schieds has a small o ring on the access cover that always leaks oil, the JD seemed to be better quality imo. I have no experience with the Keating but I didn’t like the 4 bolts because it’s hard enough keeping it sealed with 6.

got a link to the JD front cover? My google-fu is too weak to find it. Get random hits like the scheid cover, and john deere stuffs.

edit: actually just the company name is good, unless theyre a sponsor on here also.

got a link to the JD front cover? My google-fu is too weak to find it. Get random hits like the scheid cover, and john deere stuffs.

edit: actually just the company name is good, unless theyre a sponsor on here also.

eatsoot.com

I’ve had a handful of different ones and used several on customer builds. Keating gets my business for a few reasons. I usually opt for the large access cover. $.02

Back