12 Valve Drop in Motor

regcanfan

Kind of a long shot but wondering if there are any 12 valve motors hanging around. Looking for a p pump motor. Would be nice to find one that I could just drop in. That's probably getting pretty rare to find any more. I'm in central Nebraska.

Soon I may be parting out the '98 I have, but with 338k, it's in dire need of a re-seal.

Sure runs good.

Mark.

If had to rebuild one it wouldn't be the end of the world either. Just need a different motor due to mine still mixing coolant and oil. Even after having the block check out and and machined. Didn't find anything in the cylinder walls so it probably is some pits around the cam area.

Didn't you have a built p pumped 24 valve in storage for someone too, maybe you could drop that off by accident :Cheer::lolly:

That P pumped 24 valve IS for sale.
Contact me and I'll share his contact information, if you're seriously interested.

Mark.

If mark can't help you out I've got a 96 12v with a virgin 180 pump on it, 180k miles, ready to drop in and go but I'm in kentucky

James

Its had two head gaskets one before the rebuild and one while it was being rebuilt. New oil cooler with genuine Cummins gaskets.

Runs smooth good and no white smoke out the exhaust. No blowby until the thermostat opens then it gets a vapor and a some drips of antifreeze out the blowby tube. My guess is probably some pits around the cam area, but I'm not to smart being that I'm still fighting this thing. :bang

I don't know the name, but I was told there is a product that will stop leaks from porous castings and minor cracks.
You might look into it some.

Another option would be a bottom fill with block concrete.
Seen a couple 53 block leaks cured that way.

Or, there's still this engine in my garage. :)

Mark.

I don't know the name, but I was told there is a product that will stop leaks from porous castings and minor cracks.

Mark.
Irontite? Its the only sealer I've used that actually works. The blue devil stuff is supposed to be good too, but I havent tried it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm supposed to get with the machine shop to see how they want to handle it, this week. I'll let him know after that what I decide to do about the motor in the garage.

There is an old mechanic next to us at work who can fix anything and keep it running with what ever he can cobble together. Told me he has used some sort of product for sealing floors that has liquid glass in it. Might be worth a try.

Mark.
Belzona?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ran the irontite through it. My brother drove it yesterday about 20 miles with a cattle trailer on. Then I drove it about 60 miles today. So far there isn't any sludge building up on the catch can vent. Possibly looks like it sealed. For how long I guess I'll find out.

If I'm on here next week pissing and moaning you'll know it didn't last longLOL

Wishing you luck, man! :cheer:

If I can get my sleeper truck sorted out, I'll be parting out the green 1998.
The engine in it runs great, it's just a leaking greaseball.

I hate greaseballs. :hehe:

Mark.

Back