View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Huntingman27062

Name: Huntingman27062
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
6.2/6.5 into my Jeep XJ swap

theres a 6.2 diesel engine with a TH400 tranny mounted to it at my local army surplus.... he wants only $1500 for it with only 13k original miles... im currently building a cherokee XJ trail rig that im in the middle of installing ford D44 up front and ford 9in rear... the reason this works well is advanced adapters makes the motor mounts for a SBC to the cherokee... which from what i understand is the same as the 6.2... and a adapter for the TH400 tranny to the 231 jeep transfer case...

my question is...
i know alot of people say they would do a 6.5 swap before a 6.2... but the 6.5
is computer ran and i think this would be just as difficult as like a LS1 swap or something... am i right? or is it really pretty simple? im basically rendering the XJ's stock wireing useless... which is fine... dont have emissions here anyways and its probly soon gonna be a trailer queen... but i dont want to deal with mashing the XJ's wiring with the 6.5's wiring... this is why i like the idea of the 6.2 alittle better as a 6.2 with some goodies will be plenty of torque for a little bitty XJ...

any thoughts and ideas would be great!! Thanks!!

Heres a pic of current form and id like to do the motor swap BEFORE a cage just to make sure things fit... i may just tube out the front anyways... lol... and its missing axles at the moment... Thanks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010005.jpg (127.1 KB, 12 views)
2003H.O. 4 door 4x4 long bed, H1 2 Piece steel wheels/37's, Garmens Tranny And TC, Intake/Stacks/Guards/Rain Caps, Boost Elbow, Fuel Pressure/EGT's/Boost gauges, In Tank Pump Conversion (yuck but i didnt pay for it), Industrial Injection Stage I CP3, and MP-8...